Condo Insurance: Coverage Fundamentals
If you live in a condo in Frisco, your Condo Association probably provides some level of rudimentary insurance coverage. Typically, such coverage is limited to one of the following three types of policy:
- Coverage for the complex’s primary building and common areas
- Coverage for each building and for items within each unit considered to be property of the condominium complex
- Coverage for each building, each individual unit, and for any fixtures or improvements to the unit made by the occupant
Condo Insurance Liability Coverage
Condo Association coverage also typically features a small level of personal liability coverage. For most occupants, however, this coverage won’t offer sufficient protection against every possible liability.
For example, if a guest suffers an injury or property damage while in your condo, association coverage may not be sufficient to cover the damages—especially if you get sued. Additionally, condo occupants themselves get no coverage at all for injury or property damage. That’s why coverage is so important. Let us help you with your Frisco Condo insurance policy.
What Does Condo Insurance Cover?
With sufficient condo coverage, you can protect your condo from fires, wind and hailstorms, lightning strikes, theft, and other events not covered by association coverage. Let Thomas Rush Insurance, your Frisco condo insurance expert, get you the coverage you need.
What Are Condo Insurance Exclusions?
As with home insurance policies, condo insurance doesn’t cover specific peril types:
- Earthquakes and mudslides
- Natural deterioration and neglect
- Birds, rodents, insects, and domesticated animals
Multi-Policy Condo Insurance Discounts
If you purchase condo insurance through a Thomas Rush Insurance carrier, you may be eligible for discounts if you’re an existing Thomas Rush policyholder. Whether you’re an existing customer with our agency or not, ask about multi-policy discounts when you bundle condo insurance with other policies.